All Levels Group Lesson: This is an Outdoor Event
Pearl St. Park Group Expectations
Please Note: If there is a sporting event Parking will be challenging. Please give yourself extra time
This is a great beginner group for newly qualified handlers, and a very nice group to expand your the skills if you’re an experienced handlers. Turk runs a fluid group lesson to help each person get better.
We will start with Meet & Greet and let the group’s skill set determine how we will proceed. By the end of the group lesson you will be much better handler.
Some of you drive 40+ minutes. So we have established some general rules to cut down on unnecessary travel time.
🔥 General Rules:
- Group Lessons are cancelled Above 90 degrees or below 32 degrees and/or heavy rain 1 hour before any group lesson
- We begin at the posted time promptly. We will stay 15-30 minutes after the group for Q&A
- Always follow leash laws. We require all dogs leashed at the beginning of the group lesson.
- Do not let your dog rush up to other people’s dogs before the group.
- Aggressive Dogs must wear muzzle unless directed otherwise.
- Group Lessons are what we work on Advanced Handling Skills. If this is your first group lesson expect it to be hard (that’s where the fun/growth is)
- Having fun is required. If you’re not having fun, you’re doing it wrong 😜
✅ Areas of Focus
- Leash Walking
- Ignoring Distractions
- Meeting Other Dogs
- Playing Nicely
- Meeting Other People
💣 Expected Distractions / Challenges
- People and Kids
- Other Dogs including untrained stranger’s dogs
- Bikes / Moving Things
- Sporting Event
✅ Commands Practiced